Fiverr Scam

Monday, March 14, 2011

Don't get me wrong based on the title. Fiverr.com isn't a scam all around, but I think the site only has one moderator and he's stupid enough to make Fiverr a scam.

I actually created this blog after signing up for Fiverr.com and not knowing what to sell. There are a variety of online marketing things I could feasibly sell to others, but there are tons of other people offering that. I would never float to the top of the list even if I was better than all of them.

A friend suggested I sell my witchcraft skills. I thought about it, thought about it some more and then decided it was a very good idea.

I began with a single listing offering to do any white magic spells for just $5. The description stated, "An item may need to be mailed to you to keep in your pocket or wear as jewelry."

Three days later I received a rejection notice from staff that read, "Your gig does not seem to require shipping. You may not charge for shipping when you have no physical items to deliver."


My initial reaction was, 'what the hell? Oh, well, this must have just been an accident.' Obviously someone didn't read carefully enough, and most witchcraft practitioners would probably just perform a spell and call it done. Understandable mistake. I sent a message explaining that the description states that an item may need to be shipped and therefore the rejection needs to be re-evaluated.

Well, the response I received from staff proved there is more than a lack of reading carefully at problem here, there is a lack of literacy, period.

"You might have received an email specifying the denial reason. If you have not, please try to submit a different gig (in compliance with our terms of service) for our editors to review.

Hope that helped."

No, no, it did not help, David, of Fiverr's Customer Support Team. In fact, you just slapped me in the face with your stupid. I hope you get fired.

I responded back, "As stated in my first e-mail, I did receive a reason. It was that the item doesn't appear to require shipping.

But it MAY require shipping, in most cases. My description clearly stated an item may need to be sent to keep in the pocket or wear as jewelry; this would require shipping."

I heard nothing back so I went ahead and I split the assignment apart, thinking this would help clear up the whole thing.

My first split was simply to write any white magic spells or black magic spells for $5. The casting is up to you; I will just write it and send it to you. This went through without any problem, because it doesn't require shipping.

I posted the next one, titled I will Make Magic Spells and Potions for $5, and was rejected just a few hours later. I recognize the irony that a magic user cannot magic items from one part of the country to the other, but most can't. I have to rely on the USPS or other shipping services just like everyone else.

So I sent another e-mail saying, once more, shipping is clearly required. I even put in the directions for my customers that I would need a shipping address sent to me so I could mail the item. I'm not sure how much more clear I can get.

So ultimately, I have decided to remove the checkbox that states the item requires shipping, but the directions now state: "Fiverr stupidly insists this gig does not require shipping; it ships from the US, will not ship international."

To add insult to injury, the site is glitchy when you attempt to submit anything. I had to do each posting at least three times because I would encounter a "this gig has been submitted' notice at the top of the screen, but with no gig having been submitted. So you have to go back in the browser page to get what you wrote, open a duplicate page or tab and go to the Make a New Gig button. Then copy and paste all the information from there. Not once, not twice, but three times for my first gig to submit and then be rejected. Not once, not twice, not even three times, four times for my second gig - which, thankfully, went off without problem.

Now for the grand finale! Once, twice, three times, four times, five times, six times, seven times.... I'm now on try eight and I'm about to say "FUCK YOU FIVERR AND your illiterate scumbucket moderation team!" We'll see if it works this go 'round.

4 comments:

Charleen Larson said...

I understand your frustration. Fiverr is in Beta, which means things don't always work as smoothly as they ought. I think both the site and the moderation have improved immensely in the last six months, so you might try again if you're not completely cheesed off.

Anonymous said...

neh fiverr is a scam!

they froze my account with $105 in it

ebizreview said...

I will give you my personal experience with them after having been a "Top Seller" for many months, making thousands of dollars, while providing excellent service to my customers. I used to love the site and it was a great source of extra income for me and 3 boys.

I think fiverr is a terrible business. I have been personally ripped off by their support staff and the management staff does not even give the common courtesy of a return email. They ban your account for no reason and then you are ignored with no chance to ask why. Your money is then transferred to one of their employees accounts and not given back. You would think after being a Top Seller there for 14 months and completing 800 successful gigs with 99% positive feedback you would get treated with respect. Instead you are treated like dirt and your money stolen with no chance of recovery. No common decency by anyone at fiverr to give you any type of respect. Search 'I was banned by fiverr' and see how much money they have taken from users. This is how they are treating their users. They ban you, ignore you, keep your money. They have stolen $370 from me.

I would not recommend them to my worst enemy. I would definitely look for gig site that has integrity and ownership that doesn't hide their head in the sand while their employees are ripping off their users.

I have yet to hear from the Co-Founders Micha Kaufman and Shai Wininger as they have both blocked me on every social site after attempting to contact them personally. This type of behavior from the founders of Fiverr while employees under their watch are scamming sellers and buyers alike is despicable as best.

This goes to show you that they either have no control over their own employees or they are in on the scam themselves. Any business owner with any self worth and pride in their business would give their long time sellers the time of day. Customer service is not a priority at this company and it starts at the top and funnels down to the lowest paid employee.

Tara Swadley said...

I'm so sorry to those who have had their accounts closed. It's shocking after 800 gigs they'd just up and shut you down.

I hope you've reported them with the BBB. That is often a good way to get a response from a company that tries to 'duck your calls' so to speak.

Disclaimer

Though spells may be offered to help you optimize your life or even heal injuries or lose weight, this site is not meant to treat or diagnose any illnesses. Nothing stated within this site is approved by the FDA unless otherwise stated.
CURRENT MOON