About the Bamboo Dowsing Pendulum

Friday, September 30, 2011

After I listed a bamboo dowsing pendulum in my free pagan supplies kit, I wanted to tell a little bit more about it. The problem was, Listia kind of limits the amount of information you can put and I didn't want anyone to feel like I was overwhelming them with too much information at once.

So for those who are interested, here's a bit more about the bamboo dowsing pendulum.

You may have never seen one like this. Most are made of silver (or another metal) and precious or semi-precious stones. I have always found this to be lacking. Too man-made and separated from Nature and the Universe. This is what gave me the idea to make something more earthy, something straight from the planet. I tried a few various things including grasses, sugar cane and various flower chains (all with varying degrees of luck with modifications) but the one that functioned the best and just 'felt' right, was bamboo.

Bamboo is great for absorbing and holding energy. This is great for sharing positive and meditative energy with others, such as is done with Reiki.

Because it will absorb energy easily it should be shielded from negative energies as much as possible. Storing it in a white or black cloth bag can accomplish this. In the event that you use it to absorb and remove negative energies it should not be used (or stored in the bag) for a week afterward to allow it to clear.

The bamboo I use has a great weight. It balances well when swinging along the 'waiting' line (in pendulum dowsing reading) ensuring you will get the clearest response possible.

I meditate with the bamboo at least three times a week (not in the winter, because it's bloody cold) which means before I ever harvest and dry it, it's charged with tons of meditative energy.

Finally, it just looks beautiful and unique. The potential designs I can make are limitless, as are the herbs and stones that can potentially be placed inside to assist with your meditation, divinations or other uses.

Did you miss the free auction? You can buy a bamboo dowsing pendulum (with various designs) at my Magic Spells and Potions Storefront.

0 comments:

Disclaimer

Though spells may be offered to help you optimize your life or even heal injuries or lose weight, this site is not meant to treat or diagnose any illnesses. Nothing stated within this site is approved by the FDA unless otherwise stated.
CURRENT MOON